Start Your Music Business™ (Vol. 1, Music Law Series™)
Written by an experienced entertainment lawyer, Audrey K. Chisholm, whose clients have been featured on MTV®, American Idol®, VHI®, Start Your Music Business™ is an easy to read guide for songwriters, producers, music publishers, independent record labels, artists, bands, musicians, and individuals in the music industry that want to legally start and grow a successful music business. This book achieved #1 Amazon Bestseller status in music business.
Learn how to:
Understand 8 Different Types of Royalties Your Music Should Be Earning through Music Publishing
How to Completely Own Your Music
How to Completely Own Your “Masters”
How to Legally Sample & Cover Music (Why You May Be Breaking the Law)
How to Protect Your Name & Logo (What to do if you Illegally Use Someone Else’s)
How to Structure your Music Business
Learn 10 Ways to Avoid Being Sued Personally and more!!!
Available in paperback and Kindle.
You don’t need a Kindle. Download the free Amazon software to read the book on your smartphone, laptop, PC or tablet here.
Run Your Music Business™ (Vol. 2, Music Law Series™)
“Run Your Music Business™” is the second book in the music law series written by experienced entertainment lawyer, Audrey K. Chisholm, whose clients have been featured on MTV®, American Idol®, and VHI®. “Run Your Music Business™” picks up where “Start Your Music Business™” left off and is an easy to read guide for songwriters, producers, music publishers, independent record labels, artists, bands, musicians, and individuals in the music industry that want to strategically grow and properly manage their music business:
Learn how to:
1. How to Get Paid Licensing Your Music
2. How to Set-up Your Own Publishing Company
3. How to Build Your Own Music Catalog
4. How to Register with a Performing Rights Society
5. How to Negotiate Contracts (Record Label Agreements, Producer Contracts, Songwriter Contracts, etc.)
6. How to Work Full Time in Music
7. How to Know if Your Business is Growing
8. How to Know if Your Business Is Profitable (Understanding Financial Statements)
9. How to Create a Budget for your Music Business
10. How to Manage Debt
11. 10 Ways to Improve Your Credit Score
12. How to Run Your Music Business
13. How to Hold Business Meetings
14. Developing a Strategic Plan for Your Business
15. Business Recordkeeping / How to Keep Proper Business Records
16. 10 Ways to Avoid I.R.S. Trouble
17. How to File Business Taxes
18. Building Your Team
19. And more!